"Father" John Zuhlsdorf, a former Lutheran, was "ordained" a Vatican II sect "priest" by John Paul the Great Apostate on May 26, 1991. Known as "Fr. Z," he maintains a popular blog wherein he promotes so-called conservative ideas and sells coffee for profit. He currently resides in Wisconsin, but it seems like this man spends more time promoting himself and his products on the Internet than doing anything one would expect from a cleric. On the other hand, since what many Vatican II clerics are doing these days lands them in jail, perhaps it's a better option after all. Mr. Z is fond of writing "Say the Black, Do the Red." This is a reference to the True Roman Missal, where what is to be said is written in black type, and what is to be done is written in red type. (The very name "rubrics," or "rules" to be observed in offering the Most Holy Sacrifice of the Mass, comes from the Latin word ruber, i.e., "red"). The same is true of their "Sacramentary" for the Novus Bogus, or at least it was; keeping up with how fast the Vatican II sect changes is difficult.
Mr. Z wants to promote "reverence" in the Vatican II sect mockery of the Mass, known as the Novus Ordo Missae or "New Order of the Mass." (sic) I prefer to call it the Novus Bogus, as it is both new and invalid. Trying to make one of these services "reverent" is like putting lipstick on a pig. In 2002, the bishops of the United States, with the blessing of Modernist Rome, issued another General Instruction on the Roman Missal (Hereinafter, "Instruction"). This is their version of the rubrics to be employed for a "proper and reverent celebration of the Eucharist."
Much has been written about the evil doctrines and invalidating consecration brought about by the recitation of the heretical text of the Novus Bogus. In this post, I will show how even the very actions are either evil or incentives to impiety. Since the True Church cannot give that which is evil or an incentive to impiety, it did not come from the Church, but from heretics who lost their office by Divine Law and started a false religion.
The Instruction will appear in red type, and my response below it will be in regular black type.
A Heretical Structure
- The Mass is not a "communal activity;" this idea was expressly condemned by His Holiness Pope Pius XII in Mediator Dei, "For there are today, Venerable Brethren, those who, approximating to errors long since condemned teach that in the New Testament by the word 'priesthood' is meant only that priesthood which applies to all who have been baptized; and hold that the command by which Christ gave power to His apostles at the Last Supper to do what He Himself had done, applies directly to the entire Christian Church, and that thence, and thence only, arises the hierarchical priesthood. Hence they assert that the people are possessed of a true priestly power, while the priest only acts in virtue of an office committed to him by the community. Wherefore, they look on the eucharistic sacrifice as a 'concelebration,' in the literal meaning of that term, and consider it more fitting that priests should 'concelebrate' with the people present than that they should offer the sacrifice privately when the people are absent." (Emphasis mine)
- The emphasis is always on "conscious, active participation." The clear import is that for centuries at the True Mass (and Traditionalists today) are unconscious and inactive at the Holy Sacrifice when they lift up their mind and heart to God by praying the Rosary, following the prayers in a hand Missal, or meditating on the sacred action. To "participate" for Vatican II means to banter back and forth and be preoccupied doing something so you don't get bored.
50. When the Entrance Chant is concluded, the Priest stands at the chair and, together with the whole gathering, signs himself with the Sign of the Cross. Then by means of the Greeting he signifies the presence of the Lord to the assembled community. By this greeting and the people’s response, the mystery of the Church gathered together is made manifest.After the greeting of the people, the Priest, or the Deacon, or a lay minister may very briefly introduce the faithful to the Mass of the day.
- "Standing at the Chair" means the "priest" is now at the center of the assembly. Where is the tabernacle? Probably relegated to a hole in the wall.
- The "mystery of the Church" is not made present by the assembly and "presider" or "president of the assembly" (as they now commonly call the former "priest") exchanging greetings and responses. The Mass is the Sacred Mystery in and of Itself.
- "Introduce the people to the Mass of the day"---whatever that means
59. The function of proclaiming the readings is by tradition not presidential but ministerial. Therefore the readings are to be read by a reader, but the Gospel by the Deacon or, in his absence, by another Priest. If, however, a Deacon or another Priest is not present, the Priest Celebrant himself should read the Gospel, and moreover, if no other suitable reader is present, the Priest Celebrant should also proclaim the other readings as well.
- In typical Protestant fashion, the role of the priest is reduced. There is some wacky distinction between what is "presidential" and "ministerial." You will look in vain at pre-Vatican II sources for such terminology and distinctions
- Get as many laymen and even laywomen involved as possible. The priest is a last resort to "do the readings." Have a married "permanent deacon" at every "celebration."
- I wonder if the female "lectors" ever "proclaim" the following reading, "Let women keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted them to speak, but to be subject, as also the law saith." 1 Corinthians 14: 34.
82. There follows the Rite of Peace, by which the Church entreats peace and unity for herself and for the whole human family, and the faithful express to each other their ecclesial communion and mutual charity before communicating in the Sacrament.
- The Church always has Unity; it's one of the Four Signs of the True Church along with Holiness, Catholicity, and Apostolicity. There is no need to "entreat" "unity for herself" (sic)
- The "whole human family" cannot have peace if they are outside the True Church. It may be "bumper sticker theology" but it's true; Know Christ (in His One True Church), Know Peace. No Christ (outside His One True Church), No Peace.
- The "sign of peace" is now a bunch of handshakes, kissing, back-slapping, and idle chatter while Christ is (allegedly) Physically Present. Yet they clearly believe that His "presence in the assembly or community" is of equal importance. A denigration, if not implicit denial, of the dogma of the Real Presence.
379. The Church offers the Eucharistic Sacrifice of Christ’s Pasch for the dead so that, since all the members of Christ’s Body are in communion with one another, what implores spiritual help for some, may bring comforting hope to others.
- Excluded in the Instruction is ANY mention of the dreaded word "Purgatory." It would be decidedly Catholic.
- No mention of the Four Last Things.
I could go on and on, but I need not belabor the obvious: The Novus Bogus is invalid and heretical even in its very actions; by what it does, and fails to do. Actions often speak louder than words. This whole farce is an incentive to impiety. However, we know the Church cannot give incentives to impiety. The Council of Trent declared, "CANON VII.--If any one saith, that the ceremonies, vestments, and outward signs, which the Catholic Church makes use of in the celebration of masses, are incentives to impiety, rather than offices of piety; let him be anathema." So ask yourself "recognize and resisters" of the SSPX and the rest, "How could this be from the True Church?" Please don't talk about "abuses" and what "the pope really said," because this is from the official text of the Modernist Vatican!
Perhaps after a few more cups of his coffee, Mr. Z will wake up to realize the only "black and red" coming from the Modernist Vatican is the black smoke from the red flames of Hell.