As we begin Holy Week 2016, we Traditionalists will observe some of the most beautiful, inspiring, and grace-laden ceremonies in the Church. Controversy will inevitably come up in some quarters regarding the Prayer for the Jews on Good Friday. This is when the media shrieks "antisemitism" because we refuse to give in to the heresy known as the Dual Covenant. According to this false teaching, the Old Testament was not ended with the death of Christ, but continues to be in effect along with the New Testament. As a consequence, Jews need not accept Christ and convert, rather they can be saved in their false religion.
The heretical document of Vatican II, Nostra Aetate, deals with non-Christian religions. It was promulgated by Montini (Paul VI) on October 28, 1965. In paragraph #4 it discusses the Jews and declares, "...God holds the Jews most dear for the sake of their Fathers; He does not repent of the gifts He makes or of the calls He issues-such is the witness of the Apostle. In company with the Prophets and the same Apostle, the Church awaits that day, known to God alone, on which all peoples will address the Lord in a single voice and "serve him shoulder to shoulder" (Soph. 3:9).Since the spiritual patrimony common to Christians and Jews is thus so great, this sacred synod wants to foster and recommend that mutual understanding and respect which is the fruit, above all, of biblical and theological studies as well as of fraternal dialogues." (Emphasis mine)
Conspicuously absent is any reminder of the curse upon themselves uttered by the Jews in the presence of Pilate (Mt. 27:25) thereby meriting the title "Deicide race," nor of the exhortations uttered by the first preachers of the Church to embrace the One True Faith of Christ's One True Church. (St. Peter on Pentecost, Acts 2; St. Stephen, Acts 7). On December 10, 2015, the Modernist Vatican's "Commission for Religious Relations with the Jews" released a document entitled "The Gifts and the Calling of God are Irrevocable." The heresy spawned at Vatican II has been expanded and amplified.
- In paragraph #15, we read, "Thus Jews and Christians have the same mother and can be seen, as it were, as two siblings who – as is the normal course of events for siblings – have developed in different directions." It makes Judaism appear as equally valid with the Church. The rejection of Christ is reduced to mere squabbling...much like a sibling quarrel (!)
- In paragraph #35 comes this incredible statement, "From the Christian confession that there can be only one path to salvation, however, it does not in any way follow that the Jews are excluded from God’s salvation because they do not believe in Jesus Christ as the Messiah of Israel and the Son of God. Such a claim would find no support in the soteriological understanding of Saint Paul, who in the Letter to the Romans not only gives expression to his conviction that there can be no breach in the history of salvation, but that salvation comes from the Jews ....That the Jews are participants in God’s salvation is theologically unquestionable, but how that can be possible without confessing Christ explicitly, is and remains an unfathomable divine mystery." (Emphasis mine) Yes, it's unfathomable that Jews who reject Christ can be saved, because it's impossible. Every Jew somehow "implicitly" confesses Christ by belonging to that religion which rejected Him and had Him crucified? I'd like to see the SSPX and Salza spin this one!
- Finally, paragraph #40 rejects the Great Commission, "The Church is therefore obliged to view evangelisation to Jews, who believe in the one God, in a different manner from that to people of other religions and world views. In concrete terms this means that the Catholic Church neither conducts nor supports any specific institutional mission work directed towards Jews." (Emphasis mine). This is the ultimate antisemitism, "We won't try to convert you. You're an 'implicit' Christian." Which equates to, "Go to Hell" (literally).
Gradual Deformation of The Good Friday Prayer
The True Church has always prayed for various groups during the ceremonies of Good Friday; one such group is the Jews. The Traditional pre-1955 prayer reads thus:
"Let us pray also for the faithless Jews: that Almighty God may remove the veil from their hearts; so that they too may acknowledge Jesus Christ our Lord. ('Amen' is not responded, nor is said 'Let us pray', or 'Let us kneel', or 'Arise', but immediately is said:) Almighty and eternal God, who dost not exclude from thy mercy even Jewish faithlessness: hear our prayers, which we offer for the blindness of that people; that acknowledging the light of thy Truth, which is Christ, they may be delivered from their darkness. Through the same our Lord Jesus Christ, who liveth and reigneth with thee in the unity of the Holy Spirit, God, world without end. Amen."
During the prayers to convert others (pagans, heretics, etc) the priest kneels. Not so for the Jews. As Fr. Gueranger explains, "Here the deacon does not invite the faithful to kneel. The Church has no hesitation in offering up a prayer for the descendants of Jesus' executioners; but in doing so she refrains from genuflecting, because this mark of adoration was turned by the Jews into an insult against our Lord during the Passion. She prays for His scoffers; but she shrinks from repeating the act wherewith they scoffed at Him." (See The Liturgical Year, Loreto Publications Vol. VI: pg. 485, [reprinted from the original;2000]).
In 1955, Pope Pius XII began the practice of genuflecting for the Jews. Not heretical, but certainly not his finest hour. Those surrounding him were Modernists. The Revised Holy Week promulgated in 1955 has the Prayer for the Jews thus:
"Let us pray also for the faithless Jews: that almighty God may remove the veil from their hearts; so that they too may acknowledge Jesus Christ our Lord. Let us pray. Let us kneel. Arise. Almighty and eternal God, who dost not exclude from thy mercy even Jewish faithlessness: hear our prayers, which we offer for the blindness of that people; that acknowledging the light of thy Truth, which is Christ, they may be delivered from their darkness. Through the same our Lord Jesus Christ, who liveth and reigneth with thee in the unity of the Holy Spirit, God, world without end. Amen."
On March 21, 1959, Angelo Roncalli ("Pope" John XXIII) ordered the word "perfidis" ("faithless") to be permanently removed from the prayer, which now read:
"Let us pray also for the Jews: that almighty God may remove the veil from their hearts; so that they too may acknowledge Jesus Christ our Lord. Let us pray. Let us kneel. Arise. Almighty and eternal God, who dost also not exclude from thy mercy the Jews: hear our prayers, which we offer for the blindness of that people; that acknowledging the light of thy Truth, which is Christ, they may be delivered from their darkness. Through the same our Lord Jesus Christ, who liveth and reigneth with thee in the unity of the Holy Spirit, God, for ever and ever. Amen"
Paul VI once more changed the prayer to the Dual Covenant heresy in 1970. It reads in the Vatican II sect service thus:
"Let us pray for the Jewish people, the first to hear the word of God, that they may continue to grow in the love of his name and in faithfulness to his covenant. (Prayer in silence. Then the priest says:) Almighty and eternal God, long ago you gave your promise to Abraham and his posterity. Listen to your Church as we pray that the people you first made your own may arrive at the fullness of redemption. We ask this through Christ our Lord. Amen" (Emphasis mine)
The Jews are supposed to "continue to grow...in faithfulness to his (sic) covenant"? What covenant might that be? The one that ended with the death of Christ and is valid no more? The Jews are to arrive at the "fullness of redemption"? You mean you can be "partially redeemed"? (This is Vatican II-speak. Remember Vatican II teaches that the Church of Christ is NOT identical to the Roman Catholic Church. This Church of Christ resides there in its fullness because it has all the "elements" of the Church of Christ but it also exists partially in other sects according to how many "elements" they possess. To have all the elements is best, but to have just some is equally good too. Welcome to the heretical ecclesiology of Vatican II).
The so-called "Motu Mass" allowed by Ratzinger in 2007, used the 1959 Roncalli version of the prayer which was in the 1962 Missal that Vatican II sect "priests" were authorized to use. Under Modernist/Jewish/Masonic pressure, in 2008, Ratzinger ordered the prayer changed to read:
"Let us also pray for the Jews: That our God and Lord may illuminate their hearts, that they acknowledge Jesus Christ is the Savior of all men. (Let us pray. Kneel. Rise.) Almighty and eternal God, who want that all men be saved and come to the recognition of the truth, propitiously grant that even as the fullness of the peoples enters Thy Church, all Israel be saved. Through Christ Our Lord. Amen"
This didn't satisfy the enemies of Christ who saw no need to ask the Jews to acknowledge Christ. They wanted the Montini prayer of 1970!
- The Epistles to the Romans and to the Galatians are precisely doctrinal presentations which rigorously prove that the Jewish observances are absolutely powerless to obtain salvation.
- The Epistle to the Hebrews, shows that the countless sacrifices of the Old Testament were only ineffective figures of the unique sacrifice of Jesus Christ, which alone effectuates the reconciliation of humanity with God. This is why "there is indeed a setting aside of the former commandment, because of the weakness and unprofitableness thereof " (Hebr. 7:18).
- The most striking sign of the abolition of the Old Testament was the tearing of the Temple veil at the moment of our Lord's death (St. Matthew 27:51).
- Jewish observances are blasphemous, because, besides their ineffectiveness, they imply that the Savior whom they prefigure has not yet come. "If you be circumcised, Christ shall profit you nothing." (Gal. 5:2).
- The Jews are indeed, faithless, and have merited the title "Deicide race" for calling down upon themselves the Blood of the Savior.
- May that same Blood now descend upon them as a laver of Redemption and love, bringing them into the One True Church of Christ.
- Do not advocate hatred of any kind towards the Jews. Rather, seek to "love thy enemy" by actively converting them and praying for them in the way the True Church always has done.
- The real antisemitism is from the Vatican II sect which confirms them in their errors.