Monday, November 6, 2017

Singing For Satan---Part 4


This week I continue my once-per-month series of posts regarding an informal study I undertook in the early 1990s regarding rock and pop music. The purpose of my study (and the background to it) can be read in the first installment of August 7, 2017. If you have not read that post, I strongly encourage you to do so before reading this installment. I will only repeat here the seven (7) evil elements that pervade today's music:

1. Violence/Murder/Suicide
2. Nihilism/Despair
3. Drug and alcohol glorification
4. Adultery/ Fornication and sexual perversion
5. The occult
6. Rebellion against lawful superiors
7. Blasphemy against God, Jesus Christ in particular, and the Church

 The exposing of the bands/artists continues.



Eminem

 Without question, the undisputed king of rap/hip-hop is Eminem (b. Marshall Mathers III in 1972). From his humble start in music during the mid-1990s, Eminem became the best selling artist of 2000-2010, having sold an incredible 47.4 million albums in the United States alone, and he is listed as #83 in Rolling Stone magazine's "100 Greatest Artists of All Time." He was born to a dysfunctional family. His father left home when he was young, and his mother Debbie (whom Eminem despises), raised him. Eminem spent most of his youth growing up in a very poor, predominantly African-American community in Detroit, referred to by some as "8 Mile" because of 8 Mile Road that separates the poor from the rich. 8 Mile would become the title of his box office smash movie in 2002, basically telling his story. He derives his stage name from his initials, "M and M." Recently, Eminem made headlines when he denigrated U.S. President Donald Trump at the BET Hip-Hop Awards with a profanity filled rant he called "The Storm." 

I took an interest in Eminem when he started and followed his career. He is one of the most vile, obscene, anti-Christ artists in the world. He embodies all seven of the evil elements in today's music. He is friends---and collaborated with---open Satan worshipper Marilyn Manson. WARNING! The lyrics of this artist are extremely vile and disturbing. I've censored them as much as possible.

Channeling A Demon

 His first album in 1996, Infinite, didn't do too well, and some suggested that since he was Caucasian, he should try rock and roll music and not attempt to make it in the overwhelmingly African-American hip-hop genre. His burst into fame came after he created an "alter-ego" he named "Slim Shady." In Spin magazine's cover story ("The Devil and Mr. Mathers..."), the rapper admits that he encountered an "entity" in his bathroom mirror which identified itself as Slim Shady. When Slim Shady started writing his lyrics, he became a superstar. In his song My Darling, he raps about his encounter:

And the dark shall emerge from the fiery depths of hell
Then swallow the shell, all the hollow who dwell
In the shadows of all who are willing to sell their souls
For this rap game and it g-g-goes
One-two-three, chk-chk, one-two-three
Chk-chk, one-two-three, that ain't the hook, now follow me
There's nothing else for me to say, my public adores me
Everybody bores me, they're just so corny
So at night before I sleep, I look in the mirror
The mirror grows lips and it whispers: "Come nearer!"...

He then tells of the price he had to pay. Slim Shady speaks to him as follows:

You remember that night you, prayed to god (sic)
You'd give anything to get a record deal, well Dre signed you
This is what you wanted your whole life Marshall, right through
Look at this house, look at these cars, I'm so nice, wooo!
Oh, but you didn't know, fame has a price too

Just a publicity stunt? According to Marcia Dawkins' biography, Eminem: The Real Slim Shady, Some scholars believe that Eminem uses his music to dramatize a deep and intense spiritual battle. He admits as much in "Must Be The Ganja" (2009) where he confesses he can identify with both the Dalai Lama (good) and Jeffery Dahmer (evil). As he seeks deeper spiritual commitment, Marshall Mathers, the redeemed or spiritual Everyman wrestles against the sinful Slim Shady persona. In Rap and Religion: Understanding the Gangsta's God, Ebony A. Utley suggests that the Slim Shady persona is downright demonic. Utley writes that, 'In the introduction to the Slim Shady EP, a foreboding voice not unlike the one attributed to the Devil in 'My Darling' taunts Eminem even though he repeatedly states, 'I thought I killed you,' 'What do you want from me?' and 'Leave me alone." (pg. 81; Emphasis mine). The Dalai Lama is evil, leading souls to Hell, and so is Dahmer for obvious reasons. There is no one Eminem identifies with who is truly good. Dawkins writes, "In fact, as Slim Shady, Eminem is known for being at odds with everything sacred and being passionate about anything profane." (pg. 79).

While Spin magazine reported that he first met the spirit of Slim Shady when he was in the bathroom, in his song, Low, Down, Dirty, he sings about "Hearing voices in my head while these whispers echo, 'Murder Murder Redrum" (redrum is murder backwards and made famous in the movie The Shining, where actor Jack Nicholson portrays a writer whom is driven insane by demonic forces).

In his song Guilty Conscience, Slim Shady battles with different characters encouraging them to commit robbery, rape, kidnapping, and murder. In one stanza, a man finds his wife cheating with another man, and Slim Shady advises:

F*** that sh**, you just caught this bi*** cheatin'
While you at work she's with some dude tryin to get off?!
F*** slittin' her throat, CUT THIS B****'S HEAD OFF!!!
(Profanity censored by me).

In The Monster, Eminem raps:

Cause I need an interventionist / To intervene between me and this monster… / Keep knocking, nobody’s home, I’m sleepwalking / I’m just relaying what the voice in my head’s saying / Don’t shoot the messenger, I’m just friends with the.

Rihanna then sings the hook: I’m friends with the monster that’s under my bed \ Get along with the voices inside of my head.

Finally, Eminem writes in Demon Inside that what he is doing comes from demons and will land him in Hell:

I’m possessed by evil demons that torture me while I’m sleeping \ I keep dreaming of death and I’m hearing people screaming \ The devil’s spirit’s trapped inside me and I want it out… \ It got silent, then all these voices said \ ‘Come follow me into the pits of Hell’… \ And told me that’s just for starters, Satan’ll be in to see me later \ To see if I’m interested in being partners.

Tongue in cheek, or a man driven mad by demons as an unbelieving world just  laughs and thinks he's "cool" and to be imitated?

More Violence and Drugs

In his song I'm Back, Eminem praises the Columbine killers, Eric Harris and Dylan Klebold, in the following words:

I take seven kids from Columbine, stand 'em all in line /Add an AK-47, a revolver, a nine
A Mack-11 and it oughta solve the problem of mine /And that's a whole school of bullies shot up all at one time /Cause (I'm Slim) Shady, they call me as crazy

Eminem tries to justify the lyrics by saying that no one ever looked at Columbine from the point of view of the kids who were bullied. Yeah. Let's write a song that looks at things from the point of view of Charles Manson or Adolph Hitler. Just because they "have a point of view" doesn't make it accurate, correct, or laudable.

Role Model asks his listeners to emulate him:

You can try this at home, you can be just like me…Follow me and do exactly what the song says: smoke weed, take pills, drop out of school, kill people and drink… Now follow me and do exactly what you see.

He raps about catching his wife, Kim, cheating on him and then brutalizing her with graphic sounds of domestic violence in the song of the same name:

Sit down b****! You move again, I'll beat the sh** out of you/ Don't make me wake this baby/ She don't need to see what I'm 'bout to do/ Quiet b****/ Why you make me shout at you…

The song ends with a vivid fantasy of the rapper slitting his wife's throat:

Don't you get it b****, no one can hear you?/Now shut the f*** up and get what's comin' to you
You were supposed to love me/Now bleed! b**** bleed!/Bleed! b**** bleed! bleed!

Conclusion

Foul-mouthed, demon possessed Marshall Mathers channels demonic forces to propel him to fame while dragging others to Hell. Those who scoff at his being possessed, consider this; do you want teens listening to this garbage? It desensitizes them to murder, domestic violence, profanity/vulgarity, drug and alcohol abuse, and a host of other evils (including spiritism). In his song Who Knew? Eminem mocks those who claim to be surprised at the negative influence of his music:

Cause I never knew I, knew I would get this big. I never knew I, knew I'd affect this kid. I never knew I'd, get him to slit his wrist. I never knew I'd, get him to hit this b****

Pray for Marshall Mathers that he might turn to Christ and His One True Church, receive exorcism, and be rid of Slim Shady. If you listen to his garbage music, when the demon influences you, you won't be able to say, "Who Knew?"

16 comments:

  1. I never paid much attention to the lyrics of Eminen’s songs because I could never understand what he was saying. He is beyond depraved and deplorable. It seems that the more depraved one is the more they are esteemed in today’s society. I truly believe we are living in the last days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We may very well be living in the last days, Joann. You are not alone in that assessment. People like Eminem openly do Satan’s work. Let’s stay close to Christ and His One True Church!

      — Introibo

      Delete
  2. Dear Intro,

    Great article as usual.

    Jesus and Mary,
    David

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you David! My other, more controversial posts, get most of the comments. I’m always happy to hear what people are thinking — -especially about this series of posts!

      God Bless,

      — -Introibo

      Delete
  3. I was never a fan of his but I know the song in which he references "slim shady". I only knew it due to it's extreme popularity. I never knew the full lyrics and had never purposefully listened to that song but I knew the catch line. I adopted "slim shady" as a funny greeting among friends and younger family members. Such as "what's up slim shady". They think it's funny and that's the end of it. I am more than sure that if I said that to 100 people I knew, all might know the song reference but only one might possibly know some of the lyrics while the rest (like myself) would have no clue. I was never a fan of rap and as I've commented before, have dropped the "Rock and Roll" thing. I obviously now will eschew the "slim shady" and if any refer it to me I will disclose it's origins. It seems like everything is tainted with devil worship. Those same 100 people would probably have the same response,"Oh, it's just a song". Thanks again for a good post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Charles! It’s amazing how much people will overlook if it’s in the guise of music or entertainment. If someone were to advocate for the things Eminem raps about, they would be (rightfully) condemned. Put it as the lyrics to a song and it’s “just a song”!

      A great deal of what we are exposed to today, is tainted with the demonic. It makes many people convinced (or at least wonder), like Joann did above, if we are living in the last days.

      — Introibo

      Delete
  4. Dude has several "songs" about killing his ex-wife.
    Satan hates Marriage and Children.
    I am convinced he's a victim of demonic possession and thought that in 1999.
    The record cover has his dead wife's legs hanging out of his trunk as he looks at the Lake.
    In the 90's rave scene,everyone adored Eminem,even the black guys'
    It was heartbreaking (even at 23 yrs old) to witness broken people literally screaming along to his raps at after parties.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heartbreaking indeed. You saw what most people either do not or willfully refuse to face.

      God Bless,

      — Introibo

      Delete
    2. Thank you and it's stories like these which make me frustrated with the severe lack of unity amongst Traditional Catholic Orders.
      Souls are being lost and dropping like flies while the Bishop's argue over the
      Thuc line and "Una Cum" self created controversies!
      If they were down in the trenches of our lost Godless society,their mouths would drop due to shock.

      Delete
    3. Sadly, I must agree with you.

      ---Introibo

      Delete
  5. The one I saw time after time on TV (when I could hardly avoid it) was "will the real Slim Shady please stand up" ....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Remember the video where he dressed as a full on Traditional Catholic priest in a 1920's style confessional and the next scene were 2 girls kissing with other girls smiling and watching?
      His record company was letting us know he is Luciferian.
      Back then the average Joe thought,
      "Oh it's just a joke,nothing serious."

      Delete
    2. The real joke will be on those who follow and listen to this jerk. I’m glad you were given the grace to recognize the evil in him and his music.

      God Bless,

      —-Introibo

      Delete
    3. Thank you and I am grateful to our Blessed Lord Jesus Christ you inform and open people's minds to the modern Pagan/Godless/Satanic World we inhabit.
      Deo Gratias
      P.S. Excellent view point on the Thuc line & "Una Cum"!
      God bless you

      Delete
    4. Many thanks! All glory to God !

      —-Introibo

      Delete
    5. "Remember the video where he dressed as a full on Traditional Catholic priest in a 1920's style confessional and the next scene were 2 girls kissing with other girls smiling and watching?"

      Since this one is outside "the real slim shady", I have not seen it and do not recall it.

      If it was not clear, I am not an Eminem fan.

      I am a now moderated Presley fan, I think "are you lonesome tonight" was in original song a rude remark, I made as penance another song in which the remark is CLEARLY from a divorced husband to the wife who divorced him. And song ends with divorce being cancelled, thanks to Rosary and Pilgrimage to St James in Galicia.

      Delete