"Pope" Francis will soon issue his contribution to the fray he began concerning giving Vatican II "communion" to the divorced and remarried (i.e., adulterers). According to The Wall Street Journal, "Last year, a church-funded council of lay Germans proposed in a public resolution that priests be allowed to bless same-sex couples. The bishops didn’t take the suggestion, but more and more priests are doing so. 'If a gay couple came to me and asked me for a blessing, I would give them a blessing of course,' said the Rev. Raimund Blanke, pastor of a parish in Bonn [Germany]." A person must realize that sin just doesn't have one consequence, but many. Heresy in one area will rarely, if ever, confine itself there. If adulterers can receive "communion," why not sodomites? The problem with "communion" (thank God the Vatican II sect doesn't have True Communion!) for adulterers is the numerous ways it violates the Law of God. A brief examination is in order:
The Reality of Sin and The Evil of Divorce
A mortal sin is any serious and willful thought, word, deed or omission against the Law of God done with full knowledge of its wrongfulness. Mortal sin robs the soul of Sanctifying Grace and makes one an enemy of God and worthy of Hell, unless forgiven and repented of prior to the moment of death. "If the just man turn himself away from his justice and do iniquity... all his justices which he hath done shall not be remembered" (See Ez.18:24). Once a marriage has been ratified and consummated, the man and woman are married for life, and only death itself can break the marital bond. Hence, to divorce and "remarry" is adultery."It is a bond which is by nature indissoluble and exclusive of every other marriage bond." (See theologian Jone, Moral Theology, Newmann Press, , pg. 532).
Divorce and "remarriage" are wrong in many ways. First and foremost it violates the Sixth Commandment, "Thou Shalt Not Commit Adultery." "Know you not that the unjust shall not possess the kingdom of God? Do not err: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, Nor the effeminate, nor liers with mankind, nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor railers, nor extortioners, shall possess the kingdom of God." (See 1 Corinthians 6: 9-10; Emphasis mine). In addition, have you considered the other evil aspects of divorce and remarriage?
- Against the 9th Commandment, "Thou shalt not covet thy neighbor's wife" The possibility of getting divorced, "remarried" and allowed to seem "holy" by receiving "communion" removes all protections against marital infidelity. At the first sign of hardship in the marriage, or at the prospect of obtaining a "better lover," spouses will be seriously tempted to divorce and "remarry."
- Against the 8th Commandment, "Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbor." How many lies to "get" the other spouse come to fore during divorce proceedings? Being a lawyer myself, I can tell you that many will even perjure themselves in court.
- Against the 7th Commandment, "Thou shalt not steal." Many times divorcing couples (especially the wife) will use the children as a tool to take more than justice would usually allow in dividing the marital assets. "Want to see your kids with generous visitation rights? Want me to turn them against you? Then, you better give me...."
- Against the 5th Commandment, "Thou shalt not kill." This applies not merely to the body but to the death of the soul by giving scandal through a bad example. To those legislators who allow "no fault divorce" and members of the Supreme Court that allowed sodomite "marriage," here's what God's Word has to say, "For power is given you by the Lord, and strength by the most High, who will examine your works, and search out your thoughts: Because being ministers of his kingdom, you have not judged rightly, nor kept the law of justice, nor walked according to the will of God. Horribly and speedily will he appear to you: for a most severe judgment shall be for them that bear rule." (See Wisdom 6: 4-6; Emphasis mine).
- Against the 4th Commandment, " Honor thy Father and Mother." The primary end of marriage is the procreation of children. The children of the divorced couple will often feel betrayed by one or both parents. How can they raise them in the True Faith when they don't practice it? The children will now have to recognize illegitimate usurpers of parental authority as "stepfather" and "stepmother." Remember the words of Our Lord, "He that scandalizes one of these little ones that believeth in Me, it were better for him that a millstone should be hanged around his neck and that he should be drowned in the depth of the sea" (See St. Matthew 18:6).
- Against the 2nd Commandment, "Thou shalt not take the name of the Lord Thy God in vain." Divorce and "remarriage" breaks the solemn vows the couple exchanged in Church before Christ and his priest.
Conclusion: Francis Seeks To Sanitize A Great Moral Evil
Any attempt to give "communion" (although invalid) to adulterers in the Vatican II sect will mask a horrible evil as "no big deal." If marriage is no big deal, why the fuss over sodomite "marriage"? Why bother with marriage at all? People with any Catholic sense left will see it erode away. The Argentinian apostate, Jorge Bergoglio, has been divorced from Christ for years. Now, he wishes to drag our already falling apart society further away from God by trying to persuade people that you can say "I do" to his nefarious plan.