Monday, November 29, 2021
Monday, November 22, 2021
1. What is the Magisterium? According to theologian Parente, it is "the power conferred by Christ upon His Church and strengthened with the charism of infallibility, by which the teaching Church (Ecclesia docens) is constituted as the unique depository and authentic interpreter of divine revelation to be proposed authoritatively to men as the object of faith for their eternal salvation." (See Dictionary of Dogmatic Theology, , pg. 170). Therefore, the Church is divinely appointed to teach all necessary truths of faith to people, free from error, in order that they may attain Heaven. "Magisterium" comes from the Latin magister or "teacher." Christ told His Apostles "Go therefore, teach ye all nations..."(St. Matthew 28:19).
The Magisterium, therefore, is expressed either solemnly or in an ordinary and universal way. This is clear from both Church history and the dogmatic decree of the Vatican Council of 1870. The former exercise of the Church's teaching authority is called the Solemn or Extraordinary Magisterium and the latter is called the Universal and Ordinary Magisterium ("UOM"). Both are equally infallible. As the Vatican Council of 1870 dogmatically taught:
Further, all those things are to be believed with divine and catholic faith which are contained in the Word of God, written or handed down, and which the Church, either by a solemn judgment, or by her ordinary and universal Magisterium, proposes for belief as having been Divinely-revealed.(Dei Filius, Emphasis mine).
The Extraordinary Magisterium is expressed by (1) solemn definitions ex cathedra promulgated by either the Roman Pontiff or an Ecumenical Council approved by the Roman Pontiff; (2) professions of faith decreed by the Church; (3) theological censures contrary to heretical propositions. (See theologian Tanquerey, A Manual of Dogmatic Theology, , 1:174).
The UOM is explained according to theologian Scheeben: The Criteria, or means of knowing Catholic truth may be easily gathered from the principles...nearly all set forth in the Brief Tuas Libenter, addressed by Pius IX to the Archbishop of Munich. (See A Manual of Catholic Theology 1:89). Pope Pius IX wrote, For even if it were a matter concerning that subjection which is to be manifested by an act of divine faith, nevertheless, it would not have to be limited to those matters which have been defined by express decrees of the ecumenical Councils, or of the Roman Pontiffs and of this See, but would have to be extended also to those matters which are handed down as divinely revealed by the ordinary teaching power of the whole Church spread throughout the world, and therefore, by universal and common consent are held by Catholic theologians to belong to faith. (See Tuas Libenter , DZ 1683; Emphasis mine).
Canon 1323 of the 1917 Code of Canon Law further gives proof of the belief of the Church regarding the UOM and imposes on the faithful the obligation of consent. The eminent canonist Augustine writes, The universal and ordinary Magisterium consists of the entire episcopate, according to the constitution and order defined by Christ, i.e., all the bishops of the universal Church, dependently on the Roman Pontiff...What the universal and approved practice and discipline proposes as connected with faith and morals must be believed. And what the Holy Fathers and the theologians hold unanimously as a matter of faith and morals, is also de fide. (See A Commentary on Canon Law, pg.327).
Approved theologians therefore, hold great importance in the Church. As theologian Tanquerey teaches, They [theologians] are not to be esteemed lightly no matter what the Protestants, Modernists or other adversaries have alleged against them. (Ibid, pg.180; Emphasis mine). Hence, those who deny the importance of the teachings of approved theologians are Protestants, Modernists and other enemies of the Church, not Catholics.
2. What, exactly, constitutes an approved theologian of the Church? The book by Fr. Reginald-Maria Schultes OP, De Ecclesia Catholica: Praelectiones Apologeticae [Apologetic Lectures on the Catholic Church], 2nd. ed., Paris: Lethielleux 1931, was used by priest-students studying for doctoral degrees at Pontifical Universities. Fr. Schultes himself taught at the world-renowned Angelicum University. A theologian is thus defined by him (and recognized by the Church) as "learned men who after the time of the Church Fathers scientifically taught sacred doctrine in the Church."
The pre-Vatican II theologians were all clerics (i.e., priests and bishops) who received either a Doctorate in Sacred Theology (STD) or a Doctorate in Canon Law (JCD). The latter are known as canonists and apply the proper theological principles to the Sacred Canons to ascertain the correct meaning and application of each Canon to each unique situation. Every theologian had to defend and publish a dissertation before the Board of Examiners of a Pontifical University, and it had to bear an Imprimatur and Nihil Obstat declaring the work free from all error against faith and morals. The breadth and depth of theological knowledge enjoyed by theologians was vastly superior to both laymen and the average priest or bishop because of the excellence of their training.
Theologians are said to be "approved" at least insofar as (a) they manifest a certain eminence in doctrine in their writings and (b) display orthodoxy at least to the extent recognized by the Church that their writings are used by the faithful and the theological schools, with the knowledge of (and with no opposition from) the Magisterium of the Church. (See, e.g,. theologian Salaverri, Sacrae Theologiae Summa, IB, ). The doctorate may only be dispensed by the Roman Pontiff if the cleric is found by the Vicar of Christ to be highly proficient in both Canon Law and Sacred Theology; such is the case with bishops as well (See 1917 Code of Canon Law, Canon 331; see also canonists Abbo and Hannon, The Sacred Canons, , 1:357-358).
Theologians demonstrate, and do not determine Catholic doctrine. Theologians do not determine whether some doctrine is de fide or some other theological note, like "certain." They merely demonstrate, or manifest, or give witness, that a particular doctrine is Church teaching and to what degree. They prove their assertions with convincing arguments, so that when theologians reach an objective, morally unanimous consensus, we must accept such conclusions as belonging to the Faith. According to Schultes (cited above), theologians are witnesses not only to whether a doctrine is defined, but also to its meaning.
- The many popes who taught material from the works of the theologians
- The founding, directing, and supervision of the various theological schools by the Magisterium
- Since the Council of Trent, theological works were used in seminaries which were supervised by bishops and popes
- Popes have used theologians as consultants and commissioned them to draw up Magisterial documents. Theologian Garrigou-Lagrange drafted the encyclical Humani Generis (1950) condemning modern errors, and theologian Guerard des Lauriers drafted the Apostolic Constitution Munificentissimus Deus (1950) declaring the dogma of the Assumption; he later became a sedevacantist bishop consecrated by Abp. Thuc
- The writings of various theological schools have been praised and recommended by popes. Likewise, the popes and Roman Congregations have been diligent in censoring theologians who go astray. Consider that Frs. John Courtney Murray, Edward Schillebeeckx, Hans Kung, and Josef Ratzinger ("Pope" Benedict XVI) were all censured in their writings and/or suspected of Modernism. These were the theologians who "hijacked" Vatican II once a false pope (John XXIII) rehabilitated them and gave them prominent roles at Vatican II. They were able to create the man-made Vatican II sect, posing as "Catholicism."
Monday, November 15, 2021
Yes, it is alleged hatred and mental illness that prevented the election of Moslems. It wasn't the fact that Islam is a wicked, violent, and false religion that seeks to enslave others. It wasn't the fact the followers of the false moon "god" Allah and his demon-possessed false prophet, Mohammed, perpetuated the most heinous act of terrorism on American soil that fateful September 11, 2001. No, it's "hatred" and "mental illness." The rehabilitation of Islam began (where else?) with Vatican II. In its heretical document Nostra Aetate:
The Church regards with esteem also the Moslems. They adore the one God, living and subsisting in Himself; merciful and all- powerful, the Creator of heaven and earth, who has spoken to men; they take pains to submit wholeheartedly to even His inscrutable decrees, just as Abraham, with whom the faith of Islam takes pleasure in linking itself, submitted to God. Though they do not acknowledge Jesus as God, they revere Him as a prophet. They also honor Mary, His virgin Mother; at times they even call on her with devotion. In addition, they await the day of judgment when God will render their deserts to all those who have been raised up from the dead. Finally, they value the moral life and worship God especially through prayer, almsgiving and fasting.
Since in the course of centuries not a few quarrels and hostilities have arisen between Christians and Moslems, this sacred synod urges all to forget the past and to work sincerely for mutual understanding and to preserve as well as to promote together for the benefit of all mankind social justice and moral welfare, as well as peace and freedom. (para. #3; Emphasis mine).
In the document Lumen Gentium, it is heretically taught:
But the plan of salvation also includes those who acknowledge the Creator, in the first place among whom are the Muslims: these profess to hold the faith of Abraham, and together with us they adore the one, merciful God, mankind’s judge on the last day. (para #16; Emphasis mine).
Two falsehoods are presented: (1) Moslems worship the same God as Catholics, and (2) it is more important to forget the murder and torture of Christians and to stop trying to convert Mohammedans to the One True Church; what matters is purely naturalistic "social justice" in "mutual understanding" with these barbarians. It is also presented as acceptable to view Christ as a mere "prophet" and to put the Satanic Mohammed on the same level with Our Lord. Sheer blasphemy.
The first subtle brainwashing came in the form of changing the name by which followers of Islam were called. In the time of my Patron Saint, the great King St. Louis IX, the word Saracen was used. Its meaning is aptly "thief, marauder, plunderer."
The term Moor was used loosely as "infidel," and Mohammedan designated them as followers of the fake prophet they served.
Until I graduated high school in the early 1980s, all textbooks referred to the followers of Islam as Moslems--one of the terms I still use. Since the mid-1990s, the term was replaced by Muslim. The following explains why the change was made:
According to the Center for Nonproliferation Studies, "Moslem and Muslim are basically two different spellings for the same word." But the seemingly arbitrary choice of spellings is a sensitive subject for many followers of Islam. Whereas for most English speakers, the two words are synonymous in meaning, the Arabic roots of the two words are very different. A Muslim in Arabic means "one who gives himself to God," and is by definition, someone who adheres to Islam. By contrast, a Moslem in Arabic means "one who is evil and unjust" when the word is pronounced, as it is in English, Mozlem with a z...Journalists switched to Muslim from Moslem in recent years under pressure from Islamic groups.
(See historynewsnetwork.org/article/524; Emphasis in original).
I was texting a friend of mine about a month ago over what will now be the subject of this post; the false teaching that Mohammedans worship the same True God as Catholics. My friend gave me many good insights (as he always does), and I thought at length about how this wicked teaching is normalizing a Hell-spawn religious sect. Allah is not the True God, and Mohammed is no true prophet.
Asking the Right Questions
Some apologists for the Vatican II sect teaching on Islam have asserted (without citation to be read in context) that some approved theologians and Church historians pre-Vatican II claimed Moslems worship the True God in a false manner. I cannot attest to the veracity of this but what might have been meant (if it was really written) is that Moslems may intend to worship the True God. The question should not be "Do the Moslems worship the True God," rather, it should be asked, "Does Islam profess the True God?" It will be made obvious it does not. Since they worship what they profess, Islam does not objectively worship the True God.
Islam has always been placed in the same category as the Jews--"infidels"--aka non-baptized monotheists. Mohammed combined the beliefs of pagans (hence the Koran speaks of a "Pegasus"), Jews (they do not eat the flesh of "unclean" animals like pigs), and Catholics (veneration of the Blessed Virgin Mary). For both Moslems and Traditionalist Catholics, God is not just an additional fact about reality; rather, God is the foundation underpinning the whole of reality. There is nothing commendable about merely believing that God exists: "You believe that there is one God. Good! Even the demons believe that – and shudder." (St. James 2:19). The question we need to answer is not "Is there a God?" but "Who is God?" What is God’s character, nature and identity? What are his attributes? The answer to these questions will make it clear that Moslems do not profess the True God of Catholicism.
A Morally Defective "God" That Produces Evil Followers
It is my contention that Allah is morally defective, is lacking in omniscience, and gives commands that are contrary to basic ethical principles. All this is easily explained because the Koran is a book written by Mohammed under the guidance of a demon he thought to be the angel Gabriel. Islam relies on a multitude of revelations. But only one, the Koran, (also spelled Qur'an) is considered to be the eternally existent word of Allah, channeled through his chosen prophet six centuries after the crucifixion of Christ. It is considered to be uncreated and unalterable, inerrant, having ethics beyond question, and eloquent above anything the world has ever experienced.
The evidence proves this wrong. The Koran comprises 114 suras (chapters), some revealed in Mecca, others in Medina. Meccan suras feature Mohammad as God’s final prophet—a prophet greater than all the prophets who came before him. Far from being divine, the Koran is clearly written by a human and has its origin from the Father of Lies. If Allah is God, he would be omniscient. If the Koran was dictated by angel Gabriel from Allah himself, the Koran must be inerrant. Using the Koran (The Holy Qur'an Arabic Text with English Translation ) it will be shown that Allah cannot be omniscient and therefore is not "God."
Allah Doesn't Understand the Theology He Condemns
- Allah thinks since Christ was begotten, it means there was sexual reproduction. In Koran 6:101, the book asks rhetorically, "How can He [Allah] have a Son when He has no consort?"
- Allah thinks Christianity teaches that the Blessed Virgin Mary is part of the Most Holy Trinity. "And when Allah saith: O Jesus, son of Mary! Didst thou say unto mankind: Take me and my mother for two gods beside Allah? he saith: Be glorified! It was not mine to utter that to which I had no right. If I used to say it, then Thou knewest it. Thou knowest what is in my mind, and I know not what is in Thy Mind. Lo! Thou, only Thou, art the Knower of Things Hidden?" (Koran 5:116)
- Allah tells an historical falsehood; Christ was not crucified by the Jews. "And [for] their saying, "Indeed, we have killed the Messiah, Jesus, the son of Mary, the messenger of Allah." And they did not kill him, nor did they crucify him; but [another] was made to resemble him to them. And indeed, those who differ over it are in doubt about it. They have no knowledge of it except the following of assumption. And they did not kill him, for certain." (Koran 4:157-158).
God is Necessarily Morally Perfect
God is the greatest conceivable Being. (I'm not using St. Anselm's ontological argument. It is what both the Church and Islam teach). If a being is in some way morally imperfect, then it is not a perfect being and therefore not the greatest conceivable being (i.e., not God). Moral perfection entails being all-loving; wanting what is best for others. This, to me, is axiomatic. Every good parent knows this fact. A rebellious teenage son or daughter will break a parent's heart precisely because they love him or her despite his or her defiant and wicked behavior. If a parent didn't love their child, it wouldn't hurt so bad. The fact is that parents do love their children, despite their waywardness.
Allah has a different character than the True God. It is significant that of the "99 beautiful names for Allah," which Moslems memorize and use for worship, not one is "love" or "loving." The Koran stresses that Allah loves only those who do good, and that he does not love those who do evil. Here are the suras and verses:
"Allah loves not transgressors" (2:190)
"He loves not creatures ungrateful or wicked" (2:276)
"Say: 'Obey Allah and His Apostle;' but if they turn back Allah loveth not those who reject Faith." (3:32)
"Allah loves not those who do wrong" (3:57, 140)
"Allah loveth not the arrogant the vainglorious" (4:36)
Compare to Jesus Christ:
"Christ died for the ungodly... God demonstrates His own love for us in this: while we were still sinners, Christ died for us...If when we were God's enemies, we were reconciled to Him through the death of his Son, how much more, having been reconciled, shall we be saved through His life? (Romans 5:6,8,10). Christ loves all humans, hates all sin, and Wills their salvation contingent upon them coming freely into the Church and dying in the state of grace. No one is lost except through their own fault.
Allah hates sinners which is why he:
Commands the murder of non-Moslems: "Koran 2:191: "And kill them (non-Moslems) wherever you find them … kill them. Such is the recompense of the disbelievers (non-Moslems)."
Koran 9:5: "Then kill the disbelievers (non-Moslems) wherever you find them, capture them and besiege them, and lie in wait for them in each and every ambush …"
Allows Moslems to commit adultery with slave girls: Koran 4:24, "And all married women (are forbidden unto you) save those (captives) whom your right hands possess."
Commands Moslems to steal from Non-Moslems and enjoy doing it: “Enjoy what ye took, for it is lawful and good” (Koran 8:69).
Allows Moslems to lie, for Allah is himself a deceiver: The Koran overtly teaches that Allah is the master of deception. As Koran 3:54 and 8:30 put it, “Allah (is the) best (of) the deceivers” (literal translation)
Commands Moslems to fight, kill, or violently subjugate non-Moslems simply for being non-Moslems: "O you who believe! fight those of the unbelievers who are near to you and let them find in you hardness." (Koran 9:123)
"Surely Allah has bought of the believers their persons and their property for this, that they shall have the garden; they fight in Allah’s way, so they slay and are slain." (Koran 9:111)
"Fight those who do not believe in Allah, nor in the latter day, nor do they prohibit what Allah and His Apostle have prohibited, nor follow the religion of truth, out of those who have been given the Book, until they pay the tax in acknowledgment of superiority and they are in a state of subjection." (Koran 9:29)
A False and Morally Bankrupt Prophet
Mohammed behaved wickedly, just as the false moon god he served taught. There is an excellent circular I read compiled by Mr. Stanley Robertson. Although not a Traditionalist, Mr. Robertson has done an excellent job of exposing Islam as a false and wicked sect. Below, I set forth some of his pertinent points. The author's citations are retained as he wrote them.
- Said Allah hates those who don't accept Islam. (Qur'an 30:4, 3:32, 22:38)
- Permitted stealing from unbelievers. (Bukhari 44:668, Ibn Ishaq 764)
- Permitted lying. (Sahih Muslim 6303, Bukhari 49:857)
- Murdered those who insulted him. (Bukhari 56:369, 4:241)
- "If then anyone transgresses the prohibition against you, Transgress ye likewise against him" (Qur'an 2:194)
- Jihad [War] in the way of Allah elevates one's position in Paradise by a hundred fold. (Muslim 4645)
- Married 13 wives and kept sex slaves. (Bukhari 5:268, Qur'an 33:50)
- Slept with a 9-year-old child. (Sahih Muslim 3309, Bukhari 58:236)
- Ordered the murder of women. (Ibn Ishaq 819, 995)
- "O you who believe! Fight those of the unbelievers who are near to you and let them find in you hardness." (Qur'an 9:123)
- Encouraged his men to rape enslaved women. (Abu Dawood 2150, Qur'an 4:24)
- Demanded captured slaves and a fifth of all other loot taken in war. (Qur'an 8:41)
- Was never tortured, but tortured others. (Muslim 4131, Ibn Ishaq 436, 595, 734, 764)
- "And fight them until there is no more persecution and religion is only for Allah" (Qur'an 8:39)
- Blessed the brutal murder of a half-blind man (al-Tabari 1440)
- What are the Greatest Commandments? "Belief in Allah and Jihad [War] in His cause" (Muslim 1:149)
- Died fat and wealthy from what was taken from others in war or demanded from others in tribute
- Advocated crucifying others. (Qur'an 5:33, Muslim 16:4131)
- According to his followers: Had others give their lives for him. (Sahih Muslim 4413)
The True Triune God worshipped by the One True Church of Jesus Christ is not the object of worship professed by Islam. Therefore they do not worship the same God. Allah has been shown to be (a) non-Trinitarian, an essential attribute God revealed; (b) culpably ignorant of theology he opposes; (c) morally defective and commands evil of his so-called prophet and followers.
President Donald Trump wisely forbade Moslems from terrorist (Islamic) governments to enter the United States. The senile puppet pretending to be president now lets them in. Biden was told by the man pretending to be pope that he should receive "communion" while promoting abortion, sodomite "rights," and giving aid to Moslems. "Pope" "Saint" John Paul II kissed the Koran and prayed, "May Saint John the Baptist protect Islam." Maybe he should be given the title "John Paul the Great Mohammedan."
"Pope" Benedict XVI called for Christians "to open their arms and hearts" to Moslem immigrants and "to dialogue" with them on religious issues. Ratzinger told participants that the Catholic (sic) Church is "increasingly aware" that "inter-religious dialogue is a part of its commitment to the service of humanity in the modern world."
"Pope" Francis prayed towards Mecca and said, "Islam is a religion of peace, one which is compatible with respect for human rights and peaceful coexistence."
Do not be fooled. Any Traditionalist who behaves immorally does so in spite of Church teaching. Any Moslem who behaves immorally does so because of the teachings of Islam. As the population of Moslems nears the one million mark in NYC, and continues to swell unabated in once-Catholic Europe, remember well the words of Pope St. Pius V, "[Moslems] are the enemy of the Catholic Faith." (See Salvatoris Domini, March 5, 1571).
Let us pray from The Litany of St. Louis IX, King of France (for private use only):
St. Louis, victor over the Saracens, pray for us!
Monday, November 8, 2021
After taking a picture of the note and pin to have a record of the offensive material, I went in to see the managing partner and told him that I would not be doing any of this immoral garbage, and if I were ordered to do so, I would file a complaint with the EEOC for religious discrimination and sue for violating my Free Exercise of Religion. He stared at me with a blank expression, and I finished by ripping up the note in front of him, throwing it and the pin in his trash can, and spitting on top of it for good measure. He said nothing as I left. It is interesting October 11th is picked. It seems to be a date of importance. It was on October 11th that Vatican II began, that "St. Roncalli" was assigned that date as his "feast," and (on a good note) the birthday of Fr. DePauw.
On Monday the 11th, I was one of only 12 lawyers who refused to wear the pin. A female attorney with whom I work asked if she could have a word with me when I was eating my lunch. She was a member of the Vatican II sect. She told me she was "concerned" that I was so vocal in my opposition to "National Coming Out Day" and wearing the rainbow pin. First, she told me the firm should be a "safe place" for all sexual orientations. I told her I opposed violence and bullying of any kind, and that no one here did that, so why the need for "safety" when things are already safe? She then argued that to be "safe" means to be "free from hatred and bigotry," clearly implying that I was a hateful bigot. I calmly told her that disagreeing with someone's lifestyle is neither hateful nor bigoted. I also disagree with heterosexual people shacking up before marriage. It doesn't follow that I hate them. As a matter of fact, I oppose homosexuality because I want homosexuals to repent, be celibate, and save their souls.
It became obvious that she had prepared to confront me over the weekend because she said that my position was "clearly against what the Bible says." She proceeded to pull out a letter and here was her "argument from Scripture:"
- Nothing can separate us from the love of God. (Romans 8:38)
- God did not make a mistake in creating LGBTQ people. “For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother’s womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well.” (Psalm 139:113-14)
- All people are justified through Christ, including LGBTQ people. “God was reconciling the world to himself in Christ, not counting men’s sins against them” (2 Corinthians 3:19), therefore, “we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom we have gained access by faith into this grace in which we now stand.” (Romans 5:1, 2). This is not to say that being LGBTQ is a sin, but if it were, it would certainly be forgiven.
- Sodom was not destroyed for homosexuality, but for inhospitality. (Genesis 19)
- Mortal sin separates us from the love of God, and Hell keeps us that way forever. If that Bible verse from Romans (clearly used out of context) is to be taken literally, it is a declaration of universal salvation and a license to commit sin
- God made people not homosexuality. One is a being, the other is a behavior. Even if, ad arguendo, people have a "gay gene," it does not follow that homosexuality is thereby normal or morally good. There could be a gene for alcoholism. That doesn't mean you can get drunk, or that drunkenness is a natural state, or it's not sinful. You must abstain from drinking as a moral obligation, even if you're "born that way." The same could said for a "violence gene" that predisposes one to aggression against others. There are many other behaviors that cannot be condoned even if there were a genetic predisposition. (She wasn't happy when I pointed out the Psalm is an indirect condemnation of abortion)
- Yes, homosexuality is a sin, and yes, it can be forgiven, but not without sorrow for the sin, and living celibately after a good Confession
- Sodom most certainly was destroyed for the sin that became named for it; sodomy. (It would take too long to expound on my full response here)