MASSAPEQUA PARK, N.Y. — Health officials say more people may have been exposed to hepatitis A while receiving communion at a Long Island church.
The Nassau County Health Department earlier this week said anyone who received communion at either the 10:30 a.m. or noon Masses at Our Lady of Lourdes Church in Massapequa Park on Christmas Day may have been exposed.
On Thursday they said parishioners at the 1:30 p.m. Mass that day, as well as five Masses the following day also may have been exposed. A person distributing communion is suspected of having the disease, although officials have declined to ID anyone, citing privacy concerns.
Health officials will return to the church on Friday, offering vaccines to anyone who may have been exposed.
The disease is rarely fatal and most people recover in a few weeks without any complications. "
Another reason that drinking the "cup" and shaking hands in the Vatican II sect are just plain bad for you sans doctrinal reasons! But, just to prove we Traditionalists have a sense of humor, here are:
THE TOP TEN SIGNS YOU WERE INFECTED BY HEPATITIS AT THE NOVUS ORDO SERVICE
10. At 'communion' priest says "Angel of Death, er, I mean Body of Christ!!"
9. Guy doing the "readings" is from the CDC
8. You wonder why the "eucharistic minister" has a hood and scythe
7.Usher asks you "Do you like hospital food?"
6. You over heard the pastor saying, "Ok, but everybody going to the ER is a lot better press than when we all went to jail last spring"!
5. The crucifix has been replaced by the Red Cross
4. As you go up to drink from the cup, you notice the skull and crossbones on the side
3. During "homily" priest says, "Even though we gave up believing in miracles, I think we better pray for one now!"
2. Entrance hymn is the old, venerable "Another One Bites the Dust" by Queen
And the #1 sign you were infected by hepatitis at the Novus Ordo service......
At the announcements pastor says, "OK, you might get sick and die, but at least we didn't sodomize any of you this time!"