Monday, November 5, 2018

Singing For Satan---Part 16

This week I continue my once-per-month series of posts regarding an informal study I undertook in the early 1990s regarding rock and pop music. The purpose of my study (and the background to it) can be read in the first installment of August 7, 2017. If you have not read that post, I strongly encourage you to do so before reading this installment. I will only repeat here the seven (7) evil elements that pervade today's music:

1. Violence/Murder/Suicide
2. Nihilism/Despair
3. Drug and alcohol glorification
4. Adultery/ Fornication and sexual perversion
5. The occult
6. Rebellion against lawful superiors
7. Blasphemy against God, Jesus Christ in particular, and the Church

 The exposing of the bands/artists continues.


Sting and The Police

 Formed in London, England, in 1977, the rock group The Police consisted of three musicians, Sting (b. Gordon Matthew Thomas Sumner in 1951), Andrew James Somers (b. 1942), and Stewart Armstrong Copeland (b. 1952). Sumner was a teacher who played in bands on the weekends. From his early days he was given the moniker "Sting" because of the black and yellow striped sweater he would wear, which made him look like a bee. He met Somers while playing a gig, and was solicited to join him in forming a new band. They added drummer Copeland to the line-up, thus completing the power trio. Originally, they were to be called Police Brutality, to show their contempt for authority, but decided to give the group a softer image and settled on The Police. 

 Sting's song about a French whore, Roxanne, was so catchy, A&M Records offered them a record deal; however the song was not placed on the BBC's playlist because of the controversial content. A&M consequently promoted the single with posters claiming "Banned by the BBC," and The Police became an overnight sensation with their first album Outlandos d'Amour released in November 1978. They were part of the so-called "Second British Invasion" of English musicians (circa 1982-1986) making it big in the United States because of MTV. The group would disband in 1986, but Sting would go on to have an incredible solo career (he is still performing as of this writing). In their nine years together, The Police would release five albums, four of which would make Rolling Stone's list of the "500 Greatest Albums of All Time," and they are listed as #70 on the magazine's list of the "100 Greatest Artists of All Time." The band has sold over 75 million albums worldwide, and they were inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 2003. 

The band is not only anti-authoritarian and promotes promiscuity, but they are seeped in the occult. They are led by Sting--an apostate Catholic with a traditional Catholic education.

Feeling the Sting of Satan
The album "Ghost in the Machine" is named after the corrupt philosophy of Descartes who likened the soul to a "ghost" that inhabits the "machine" of our body. Atheists and pagans use the phrase as a derogatory term for the Christian belief in the soul. The album looks innocuous with some strange dysfunctional computer display. Turn the album backwards and it is the "666" for Antichrist (see picture below)

Sting was raised a true Catholic in the 1950s, but has since rejected his childhood Faith and embarked on a religious journey through Eastern paganism and occultism. Most of the songs by The Police were written by Sting and exhibit pagan/occult themes. The album Synchronicity (1983) was inspired by the book The Roots of Coincidence  (1972) by Arthur Koestler, which is an introduction to theories of parapsychology, including extrasensory perception ["ESP"] and psychokinesis. It was also a theory developed by occultist and psychotherapist Carl Jung. According to "Carl Jung Resources:"

Synchronicity, as an explicative theory, applies to phenomena from the area of parapsychology, prevision and premonition, to I Ching (the specific method of consulting the Oracle of Changes), to astrology and many other borderline fields. It is also present in psychotherapy, as we have already shown, but also in situations where patients find information about their psychotherapists by extrasensory ways, information that was not public, or vice versa, when psychotherapists get information about their patients. The latter case is attested by Jung in his accounts. (See https://www.carl-jung.net/synchronicity.html). 

The album, the fifth and final by The Police, contains songs of pure evil. The hit song Every Breath You Take is about a stalker obsessed with his female victim and determined to get her to "love" him.

Every breath you take
Every move you make
Every bond you break
Every step you take
I'll be watching you
Every single day
Every word you say
Every game you play
Every night you stay
I'll be watching you
Oh can't you see
You belong to me
My poor heart aches
With every step you take
Every move you make
Every vow you break
Every smile you fake
Every claim you stake
I'll be watching you
Since you've gone I been lost without a trace
I dream at night I can only see your face
I look around but it's you I can't replace
I feel so cold and I long for your embrace
I keep crying baby, baby, please
Oh can't you see
You belong to me
My poor heart aches
With every step you take

The song King of Pain is about the hopelessness of life and how Sting realizes that the human being is "King of Pain" because he can reflect on the absurdity of life.

There's a little black spot on the sun today
It's the same old thing as yesterday
There's a black hat caught in the high tree top
There's a flag pole rag and the wind won't stop
I have stood here before inside the pouring rain
With the world turning circles running 'round my brain
I guess I'm always hoping that you'll end this reign
But it's my destiny to be the king of pain
There's a little black spot on the sun today, that's my soul up there
It's the same old thing as yesterday, that's my soul up there
There's a black hat caught in a high tree top, that's my soul up there
There's a flag pole rag and the wind won't stop, that's my soul up there
I have stood here before inside the pouring rain
With the world turning circles running 'round my brain

The song Wrapped Around Your Finger is described by Sting himself as:
...vaguely alchemical and probably about a friend of mine, a professional psychic and my tutor in tarot, with bits of Doctor Faustus and 'The Sorcerer's Apprentice' thrown into the pot for good measure. (See https://www.songfacts.com/facts/the-police/wrapped-around-your-finger; Emphasis mine)

Sting admits he is a practitioner of the occult (psychics and tarot cards), and he is "wrapped around the finger"of his evil master from Hell. 

You consider me the young apprentice
Caught between the Scylla and Charibdes
Hypnotized by you if I should linger
Staring at the ring around your finger
I have only come here seeking knowledge
Things they would not teach me of in college
I can see the destiny you sold turned into a shining band of gold
I'll be wrapped around your finger
I'll be wrapped around your finger
Mephistopheles is not your name
I know what you're up to just the same
I will listen hard to your intuition
You will see it come to its fruition
I'll be wrapped around your finger
I'll be wrapped around your finger (Emphasis mine)
In Greek mythology, Scylla and Charybdis were a pair of monsters who lived on opposite ends of the Strait of Messina between Italy and Sicily. To be "caught between Scylla and Charibdes" is an idiom meaning "having to choose between two evils." In the German legend of Faust, the title character is bored with life and sells his soul to Satan in return for knowledge and worldly pleasures. Mephistopheles is Satan's demon-messenger. The song says, "Mephistopheles is not your name," because Sting appears to be dealing with the devil himself.

Sting has said, "I would not consider myself a Christian any longer. My beliefs are much wider than that. I don’t believe God is necessarily a Catholic or Islamic or anything else…it’s a much larger concept than that."
He also said in his early career, "In a sense I am more of a Hindu … I like the Hindu religion more than anything else at the moment." Although he currently claims agnosticism, in 2009, he reported seeing a "ghost:"

Rocker STING and his wife TRUDIE STYLER were left spooked one night, when they both saw a ghost in their bedroom.
The former Police frontman never believed in a ghostly afterlife until he and Styler spotted a spectre in a home they used to own. He says, "I would never have said I believe in ghosts, until I saw one – and I’ve seen a ghost with my own eyes. I woke up at three in the morning, bolt upright, looked into the corner of the room and thought I saw Trudie standing there with a child – our child – in her arms, staring at me.

"And I thought, ‘Well, that’s strange – why is she standing in a corner, staring at me?’ And I then reached next to me and there was Trudie, and I suddenly got this terrible chill. And she woke up and said ‘Gosh, who is that?’ and she saw this woman and a child in the corner of the room. A lot of things happened in that house, a lot of flying objects and voices and strange, strange things happened.

"When you live in old houses you get this energy there. Intellectually, no I don’t believe in them (ghosts), but I’ve experienced them on an emotional level." (See http://www.theoccultsection.com/2009/11/25/stings-spooky-encounter/; Emphasis in original). It seems Mr. Sumner has experienced many strange encounters from Hell having immersed himself in paganism and the occult, despite protests of currently being an agnostic. Like all who serve Satan, he lies.

Cranking Out More Evil Lyrics
The cover for the single Can't Stand Losing You (1978) depicts a man committing suicide by hanging. He stands on a block of ice while a heater melts it until he slowly strangles to death. It was banned in the UK for promotion of suicide.

Sting admits to having written one of his most infamous songs--All This Time (1990)--- about a boy who wants to bury his father at sea over the objections of two priests. In the song he blasphemes Christ:

I looked out across the river today.
Saw a city in the fog and an old church town where the seagulls play.
Saw the sad shire horses walking home in the sodium light,
Two priests on the ferry.
October geese on a cold winter's night.
All this time the river flowed endlessly to the sea.
Two priests came 'round our house tonight,
One young, one old, to offer prayers for the dying to serve the final rite.
One to learn, one to teach which way the cold wind blows.
And fussing and flapping in priestly black like a murder of crows.
All this time the river flowed endlessly to the sea.
If I had my way, take a boat from the river and I'd bury the old man.
I'd bury him at sea.
Blessed are the poor, for they shall inherit the earth.
Better to be poor than a fat man in the eye of the needle.
As these words were spoken I swear I hear the old man laughing.
What good is a used up world and how could it be worth having?
All this time the river flowed endlessly like a silent tear.
All this time the river flowed.
Father, if Jesus exists then how come he never lives here?
Yeah yeah. Yeah yeah. Yeah yeah. (Emphasis mine)

The Police song Murder By Numbers is about having the right to kill your family and anyone else who insults you:
Once that you've decided on a killing
First you make a stone of your heart
And if you find that your hands are still willing
Then you can turn a murder into art
There really isn't any need for bloodshed
You just do it with a little more finesse
If you can slip a tablet into someone's coffee
Then it avoids an awful lot of mess
It's murder by numbers, one, two, three
It's as easy to learn as your ABC's
It's murder by numbers, one, two, three
It's as easy to learn as your ABC's
Now if you have a taste for this experience
If you're flushed with your very first success
Then you must try a twosome or a threesome
You'll find your conscience bothers you much less
Because murder is like anything you take to
It's a habit-forming need for more and more
You can bump off every member of your family
And anybody else you find a bore (Emphasis mine)

Be My Girl Sally is about a rubber sex doll:

There was somehow
Something wrong somewhere 
And each day 
Seemed grey and dead
The seeds of desperation 
Were growing in my head
I needed inspiration
A brand new start in life
Somewhere to place affection
But I didn't want a wife

And then by lucky chance 
I saw in a special magazine
An ad that was unusual
The like I'd never seen
"Experience something different 
With our new imported toy
She's loving, warm, inflatable 
And a guarantee of joy."

She came all wrapped in cardboard
All pink and shriveled down
A breath of air was all she needed 
To make her lose that frown
I took her to the bedroom 
And pumped her with some life
And later in a moment 
That girl became my wife (Emphasis mine)

The song Don't Stand So Close To Me is about pedophilia between a teacher and an underage student. (Even more disturbing when you realize Sting was a teacher for two years before embarking on his musical career). There is a reference in the song to "Nabakov." Vladimir Nabokov is a Russian novelist who penned the morally reprehensible novel Lolita in 1955, which tells the tale of a middle-aged literature professor obsessed with a 12 year-old girl whom he rapes repeatedly after becoming her stepfather.

 Young teacher the subject
Of schoolgirl fantasy
She wants him so badly
Knows what she wants to be
Inside her there's no room
This girl's an open page
Book marking she's so close now
This girl is half his age
Don't stand so close to me
Her friends are so jealous
You know how bad girls get
Sometimes it's not so easy
To be the teacher's pet
Temptation, frustration
So bad it makes him cry
Wet bus stop, she's waiting
His car is warm and dry
Don't stand so close to me
Loose talk in the classroom
To hurt they try and try
Strong words in the staff room
The accusations fly
It's no use
He sees her
He starts to shake he starts to cough
Just like the old man in
That famous book by Nabakov
Don't stand so close to me (Emphasis mine)

Conclusion
Sting and The Police were seen as relatively "tame" compared to the overtly demonic bands of the time like AC/DC and Judas Priest. I remember the parents of my friends not objecting to The Police, and thinking how they looked like "nice young men." As the evidence shows, they were anything but "nice." Gordon Sumner is an apostate Catholic who has promoted murder, suicide, pedophilia/perverse sex, and the occult. He even has contacts with the demonic. If you're ever going through a spiritual emergency, don't turn to The Police, call on Christ and His Blessed Mother instead. 


35 comments:

  1. Wow - unbelievable, another band to strike off the playlist. It’s strange - Sting comes across as fairly normal insofar as pop stars go. That Lolita stuff is disturbing- I read recently that there are at least two other very high profile ‘Jimmy Savile’ pedophiles on the UK who have not been outed yet. You’d wonder is he one of them. By the way, do you plan doing one of these on Led Zep at any stage or is that too big a task?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alan,
      Funny you should mention Led Zeppelin; I’m trying to parse the information down so it will fit in just one post!! Expect it in the next two or three months.

      God Bless,

      —-Introibo

      Delete
  2. "You could say I lost my belief in science...and progress....You could say I lost my belief in the HOLY CHURCH[!!!]..."---Sting: If I Ever Lose My Faith In You, 1993 ---

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Sting’s unholy lyrics could fill two posts!!

      God Bless,

      —-Introibo

      Delete
  3. Interesting thing about "Every Breath You Take": So many, many, many people have thought that this was a "love song"; but you're right: It's about stalking someone. The lyrics fit that narrative perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are people who have even used it as their WEDDING SONG!! Sad beyond words.

      God Bless,

      —-Introibo

      Delete
    2. Yes, Introibo, I was about to say... I love my husband but I am definitely not "watching" him and his every move! How creepy.

      Another great exposé :)

      God bless,

      Sarah

      Delete
    3. Thank you Sarah! And I agree that being creepy can definitely cause marital problems! Lol

      God Bless,

      —-Introibo

      Delete
    4. Yes; not only being creepy causes marital problems, it's also, well --- creepy, LOL.

      Delete
  4. I was really into that Jungian stuff for a long time. It is so dangerous. Only by Gods grace did I pull out of it. It is demon worship. Jung was an admitted occultist. But thanks to "freedom", anyone can read him

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very true. Don’t expect the V2 sect to warn anyone or do anything about it. At least half of their glorified social workers (“priests”) are into that psychobable to one degree or another. Thank God He showed you the way out!

      God Bless,

      —-Introibo

      Delete
    2. Introibo - You are so right about the Vatican II sect and their psychobable “priests”. Unfortunately, I know from experience. In the 1990’s I tried to come back to the church and was seeking spiritual help. Every “priest” I went to for help referred me to a therapist. One “priest” even referred me to a Greek Orthodox “priest/ therapist” for counseling!! He said that was who he went to for counseling!! I finally gave up on the Vatican II sect for help for good when I went to confession and the “priest” told me “to go sit in a pew and let God love you” for my Penance!! Another “priest” told me to “go reflect on God’s blessings” for my Penance and then asked me if the Penance he gave me was ok with me!! I couldn’t understand what had happened to the Church I was raised in (1950’s). All I knew at that time was the Church wasn’t Catholic anymore as it had turned Protestant. So I left never to return. Thankfully approx. 4 yrs ago I found the Traditional Latin Mass and the Faith of my youth.

      Delete
    3. It’s criminal when you look for spiritual healing and get ridiculous “counseling instead. Thank you for sharing your experience and thank Go, He have you the grace to recognize and join His One True Church!

      God Bless,

      —-Introibo

      Delete
  5. Great article as usual. I look to the zep one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These articles are informative, but then the wretched songs keep playing in my head. Stop! Stop!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean, Barbara! That's one of the reasons rock,pop, and rap music is so dangerous--they have very catchy tunes that make the listener repeat the evil lyrics (sometimes without even realizing it) over and over. These perverse themes and ideas can then infect and influence those unaware of the danger who listen.

      God Bless,

      ---Introibo

      Delete
  7. Listening to classical music helps me to forget them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Add to their litany of sins that they made propaganda indirectly reinforcing the Moon landing myth. “Walking on the Moon” was released in 1979, the tenth anniversary of the supposed Moon landing. (Although it is a catchy song.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually, Sting was drunk one night and "heard a riff" and began thinking about making a song. He was muttering "walking around the room." He realized it sounded stupid, so called it "Walking on the Moon" the feeling you get when drunk.

      If you want to believe in a world where the moon landing is fake, everything is not as it seems, Bigfoot and aliens roam free, etc. please take it elsewhere. This blog is dedicated to the One True Church of Christ and helping Traditionalists (as well as those searching for the truth) get through this time of the Great Apostasy.

      I knew a Traditionalist who LOST HIS FAITH from these conspiracy theories. He came to think Jesus Christ was a hoax perpetrated by the Jews in order to weaken the Roman Empire and "emasculated" them with teaching of "turn the other cheek," and "love they enemies." The "Truther," ironically ended up denying Him Who is Truth Itself.

      Please give it a rest.

      ---Introibo

      Delete
    2. Truther:

      Even if the moon landing was a hoax, there is no point of bothering other people as you do not commit heresy by believing the moon landing happened. It happened in 1969 (and the 9-11 in 2001).

      I made a stupid conspiracy theory once and now i think that i wasted my time because a maybe is weaker than an is.

      I know there are some unusual things about the 9-11 and the moon landing, but i do not think that by telling everybody in a fastidious way is going to help nobody.

      So i recommend you to do not think a lot about his and especially avoid the most senseless theories (aliens, reptilians, bigfoot, Elvis, messages in The Economist).

      For Greater Glory of God
      Long Life Christ the King and Our Virgin from Guadalupe

      Delete
    3. @poni
      You are correct. It doesn’t matter what one believes about conspiracy theories. It doesn’t make you a heretic either way. Let’s concentrate our efforts on exposing Bergoglio and his evil sect!

      God Bless,

      —-Introibo

      Delete
  9. An antidote to thoughts on the evil of the world is meditation on God’s loving providence and the fact that Our Lady is Queen of Heaven and earth. She will take care of her children and what she permits that seems evil is actually good for Her children.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Years ago I had heard said by a commentator that “Every Breath You Take” was about “big brother watching you”. That narrative never made any sense to me. The stalking, however, fits perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Joann,
      Yes, I heard that too, but as you point out it doesn’t make sense. The part about “I long for your embrace” and “Can’t you see, you belong to me,” is more in line with someone’s desire to have another (stalking) and not the government.

      God Bless,

      —-Introibo

      Delete
  11. Have you considered doing an article on Bob Dylan?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! It’s just a matter of going through my notes and getting around to it.

      God Bless,

      —-Introibo

      Delete
  12. Hi, I love this series. I got into 80s music and God is calling me out. I'm wondering, at the end you said to Call on Chrisf, which I agree with 100% but then said and his holy mother. I'm wondering, why pray to Jesus's mom?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Unknown3:25
      We pray to the Blessed Mother because She is "full of grace" as the angel Gabriel called her. She is the Mother of God and has been given special privileges and graces that no other human has ever received because of her exalted calling. I'm sure you've asked other people to pray for you so God may grant you some favor.

      Think of yourself. If there were something someone needed, would you be more likely to help if a friend asked or your mother? Mothers occupy a special place in people's lives. Mary holds a special place in the Sacred Heart of Jesus because she was His mother; and I'm sure you feel the same about your mom too!

      God Bless,

      ---Introibo

      Delete
  13. While Christ may be powerful, many things are true.. You are a fool to judge others beliefs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unknown,
      Christ isn't merely "powerful," he is God Incarnate. In your judgement you think only fools judge other people's beliefs--that is itself a judgement, thereby making you a fool.

      Furthermore, we must judge beliefs because if Christ is God, anything that contradicts this belief must be false.

      God Bless,

      ---Introibo

      Delete
  14. Nice job censoring people. Makes you look insecure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unknown,
      Exactly whom have I censored? I will not publish comments that contain blasphemy or vulgarity, nor with comments that are not civil. If that makes me "look insecure," so be it.

      God Bless,

      ---Introibo

      Delete