Who can forget his questioning of the exact number of Jews killed in the Holocaust, which would bring him the wrath of Ratzinger, who regretted remitting the so-called "excommunications" of 1988 placed on the Bishops consecrated by Lefebvre. He had long standing legal problems in Germany where "Holocaust-denial" is a crime. Bp. Williamson clashed with SSPX General Superior Bp. Fellay over the latter's attempted wholesale sellout to Modernist Rome. This lead to Bp. Williamson's expulsion from the SSPX.
In a recent e-mail to his supporters, Bp. Williamson was rightfully upset by "Pope" Francis deciding to "canonize" Roncalli (Antipope John XXIII) and Wotyla (Antipope John Paul II) as "saints." Unfortunately, Williamson often takes a correct position while refusing to let logic get in the way. He can't let go of his hero-worship of Lefebvre, and will not therefore allow himself to follow the evidence where it necessarily leads---sedevacantism.
He said that, "as is always the case with Modernism, the words remain the same but the content of the words is quite different. Therefore, Catholics who have the true Faith need not worry one little bit whether these Newcanonizations are infallible or not. They are proceeding from the Newchurch, which is a dummy of the Catholic Church."
His statement is troubling for several reasons:
- He mentions "Catholics who have the true Faith," thereby implying that somehow you can have the absurdity of "Catholics who DON'T have the True Faith" a contradiction in terms.
- It is taught by nearly all pre-Vatican II theologians that canonizations are infallible. Therefore, if Francis declares two Modernists as "saints", it is further inconvertible proof that he is not the Vicar of Christ, but rather a manifest heretic.
- Notice the terms "Newcanonizations" and "Newchurch." This clearly implies that the Vatican II sect ("Newchurch") is not the same as the Roman Catholic Church (which is correct), yet Williamson still holds Francis to be pope!
- He desperately wants to hold that the See of Peter has an occupant, so he explains that Newchurch is a "dummy of the Catholic Church." He analogizes to hospitals that kill (abortion) and police that oppress instead of help people. His analogy must fail because hospitals, schools, the police, etc, are all human institutions. The Roman Catholic Church is of Divine origin and is Indefectible!
- He then claims that Francis is like a father of a family who has lost his mind. You love and respect him, but don't follow him in his insanity.
But Williamson doesn't care about Church teaching. He cares about the thoughts of Archbishop Lefebvre more than drawing logical, necessary conclusions from theological facts. The real dummy is the mannequin Francis, pretending to be the real pope; and the appellation "dummy" fits equally well in describing those like Bp. Williamson whose feeble-minded attempts to rescue the "papacy" of Francis stupidly keeps them from the Truth.