1. Celebration of the Mass and administration of the sacraments in the vernacular language
2. Permission for clergy to marry
3. The abolition of auricular confession, replacing it with general or communal confession and absolution
4. Distribution of Holy Communion to the laity under both species (i.e., Host and Blood)
5. Institution of the "permanent diaconate" for married men
6. Celebration of the Mass "versus populi" (facing the people) with the priest behind the altar (i.e. a table)
7. Creation of a Council of Advice, composed of bishops who would govern the Church together with the Pope(read "collegiality")
8. Participation of laypersons in the Mass, including distribution of Communion (1)
The Pope was outraged and Duarte Costa silenced from promoting such heretical, blasphemous and sacrilegious "reforms"!! His sect immediately implemented his agenda, and today is much akin to High Anglicanism! If Duarte Costa (died 1961) had lived just a little longer, he would have witnessed most of his agenda, with other Modernist ideas,fully implemented at the Second Vatican Council by fellow heretic Giovanni Montini ("Pope" Paul VI). It's only a matter of time before the married "priests" are welcomed by the Modernist Vatican. If only Paul VI had been as intellectually honest as Duarte Costa to admit that he too was setting up his own sect, divorced from the One True Roman Catholic Church of Christ!
1. See official web site of the Catholic Apostolic National Church at http://www.canc.org.uk/ This sect also calls itself the "Brazilian Catholic Church" which Duarte Costa founded.