As we begin Holy Week 2016, we Traditionalists will observe some of the most beautiful, inspiring, and grace-laden ceremonies in the Church. Controversy will inevitably come up in some quarters regarding the Prayer for the Jews on Good Friday. This is when the media shrieks "antisemitism" because we refuse to give in to the heresy known as the Dual Covenant. According to this false teaching, the Old Testament was not ended with the death of Christ, but continues to be in effect along with the New Testament. As a consequence, Jews need not accept Christ and convert, rather they can be saved in their false religion.
The heretical document of Vatican II, Nostra Aetate, deals with non-Christian religions. It was promulgated by Montini (Paul VI) on October 28, 1965. In paragraph #4 it discusses the Jews and declares, "...God holds the Jews most dear for the sake of their Fathers; He does not repent of the gifts He makes or of the calls He issues-such is the witness of the Apostle. In company with the Prophets and the same Apostle, the Church awaits that day, known to God alone, on which all peoples will address the Lord in a single voice and "serve him shoulder to shoulder" (Soph. 3:9).Since the spiritual patrimony common to Christians and Jews is thus so great, this sacred synod wants to foster and recommend that mutual understanding and respect which is the fruit, above all, of biblical and theological studies as well as of fraternal dialogues." (Emphasis mine)
Conspicuously absent is any reminder of the curse upon themselves uttered by the Jews in the presence of Pilate (Mt. 27:25) thereby meriting the title "Deicide race," nor of the exhortations uttered by the first preachers of the Church to embrace the One True Faith of Christ's One True Church. (St. Peter on Pentecost, Acts 2; St. Stephen, Acts 7). On December 10, 2015, the Modernist Vatican's "Commission for Religious Relations with the Jews" released a document entitled "The Gifts and the Calling of God are Irrevocable." The heresy spawned at Vatican II has been expanded and amplified.
- In paragraph #15, we read, "Thus Jews and Christians have the same mother and can be seen, as it were, as two siblings who – as is the normal course of events for siblings – have developed in different directions." It makes Judaism appear as equally valid with the Church. The rejection of Christ is reduced to mere squabbling...much like a sibling quarrel (!)
- In paragraph #35 comes this incredible statement, "From the Christian confession that there can be only one path to salvation, however, it does not in any way follow that the Jews are excluded from God’s salvation because they do not believe in Jesus Christ as the Messiah of Israel and the Son of God. Such a claim would find no support in the soteriological understanding of Saint Paul, who in the Letter to the Romans not only gives expression to his conviction that there can be no breach in the history of salvation, but that salvation comes from the Jews ....That the Jews are participants in God’s salvation is theologically unquestionable, but how that can be possible without confessing Christ explicitly, is and remains an unfathomable divine mystery." (Emphasis mine) Yes, it's unfathomable that Jews who reject Christ can be saved, because it's impossible. Every Jew somehow "implicitly" confesses Christ by belonging to that religion which rejected Him and had Him crucified? I'd like to see the SSPX and Salza spin this one!
- Finally, paragraph #40 rejects the Great Commission, "The Church is therefore obliged to view evangelisation to Jews, who believe in the one God, in a different manner from that to people of other religions and world views. In concrete terms this means that the Catholic Church neither conducts nor supports any specific institutional mission work directed towards Jews." (Emphasis mine). This is the ultimate antisemitism, "We won't try to convert you. You're an 'implicit' Christian." Which equates to, "Go to Hell" (literally).
Gradual Deformation of The Good Friday Prayer
The True Church has always prayed for various groups during the ceremonies of Good Friday; one such group is the Jews. The Traditional pre-1955 prayer reads thus:
"Let us pray also for the faithless Jews: that Almighty God may remove the veil from their hearts; so that they too may acknowledge Jesus Christ our Lord. ('Amen' is not responded, nor is said 'Let us pray', or 'Let us kneel', or 'Arise', but immediately is said:) Almighty and eternal God, who dost not exclude from thy mercy even Jewish faithlessness: hear our prayers, which we offer for the blindness of that people; that acknowledging the light of thy Truth, which is Christ, they may be delivered from their darkness. Through the same our Lord Jesus Christ, who liveth and reigneth with thee in the unity of the Holy Spirit, God, world without end. Amen."
During the prayers to convert others (pagans, heretics, etc) the priest kneels. Not so for the Jews. As Fr. Gueranger explains, "Here the deacon does not invite the faithful to kneel. The Church has no hesitation in offering up a prayer for the descendants of Jesus' executioners; but in doing so she refrains from genuflecting, because this mark of adoration was turned by the Jews into an insult against our Lord during the Passion. She prays for His scoffers; but she shrinks from repeating the act wherewith they scoffed at Him." (See The Liturgical Year, Loreto Publications Vol. VI: pg. 485, [reprinted from the original;2000]).
In 1955, Pope Pius XII began the practice of genuflecting for the Jews. Not heretical, but certainly not his finest hour. Those surrounding him were Modernists. The Revised Holy Week promulgated in 1955 has the Prayer for the Jews thus:
"Let us pray also for the faithless Jews: that almighty God may remove the veil from their hearts; so that they too may acknowledge Jesus Christ our Lord. Let us pray. Let us kneel. Arise. Almighty and eternal God, who dost not exclude from thy mercy even Jewish faithlessness: hear our prayers, which we offer for the blindness of that people; that acknowledging the light of thy Truth, which is Christ, they may be delivered from their darkness. Through the same our Lord Jesus Christ, who liveth and reigneth with thee in the unity of the Holy Spirit, God, world without end. Amen."
On March 21, 1959, Angelo Roncalli ("Pope" John XXIII) ordered the word "perfidis" ("faithless") to be permanently removed from the prayer, which now read:
"Let us pray also for the Jews: that almighty God may remove the veil from their hearts; so that they too may acknowledge Jesus Christ our Lord. Let us pray. Let us kneel. Arise. Almighty and eternal God, who dost also not exclude from thy mercy the Jews: hear our prayers, which we offer for the blindness of that people; that acknowledging the light of thy Truth, which is Christ, they may be delivered from their darkness. Through the same our Lord Jesus Christ, who liveth and reigneth with thee in the unity of the Holy Spirit, God, for ever and ever. Amen"
Paul VI once more changed the prayer to the Dual Covenant heresy in 1970. It reads in the Vatican II sect service thus:
"Let us pray for the Jewish people, the first to hear the word of God, that they may continue to grow in the love of his name and in faithfulness to his covenant. (Prayer in silence. Then the priest says:) Almighty and eternal God, long ago you gave your promise to Abraham and his posterity. Listen to your Church as we pray that the people you first made your own may arrive at the fullness of redemption. We ask this through Christ our Lord. Amen" (Emphasis mine)
The Jews are supposed to "continue to grow...in faithfulness to his (sic) covenant"? What covenant might that be? The one that ended with the death of Christ and is valid no more? The Jews are to arrive at the "fullness of redemption"? You mean you can be "partially redeemed"? (This is Vatican II-speak. Remember Vatican II teaches that the Church of Christ is NOT identical to the Roman Catholic Church. This Church of Christ resides there in its fullness because it has all the "elements" of the Church of Christ but it also exists partially in other sects according to how many "elements" they possess. To have all the elements is best, but to have just some is equally good too. Welcome to the heretical ecclesiology of Vatican II).
The so-called "Motu Mass" allowed by Ratzinger in 2007, used the 1959 Roncalli version of the prayer which was in the 1962 Missal that Vatican II sect "priests" were authorized to use. Under Modernist/Jewish/Masonic pressure, in 2008, Ratzinger ordered the prayer changed to read:
"Let us also pray for the Jews: That our God and Lord may illuminate their hearts, that they acknowledge Jesus Christ is the Savior of all men. (Let us pray. Kneel. Rise.) Almighty and eternal God, who want that all men be saved and come to the recognition of the truth, propitiously grant that even as the fullness of the peoples enters Thy Church, all Israel be saved. Through Christ Our Lord. Amen"
This didn't satisfy the enemies of Christ who saw no need to ask the Jews to acknowledge Christ. They wanted the Montini prayer of 1970!
- The Epistles to the Romans and to the Galatians are precisely doctrinal presentations which rigorously prove that the Jewish observances are absolutely powerless to obtain salvation.
- The Epistle to the Hebrews, shows that the countless sacrifices of the Old Testament were only ineffective figures of the unique sacrifice of Jesus Christ, which alone effectuates the reconciliation of humanity with God. This is why "there is indeed a setting aside of the former commandment, because of the weakness and unprofitableness thereof " (Hebr. 7:18).
- The most striking sign of the abolition of the Old Testament was the tearing of the Temple veil at the moment of our Lord's death (St. Matthew 27:51).
- Jewish observances are blasphemous, because, besides their ineffectiveness, they imply that the Savior whom they prefigure has not yet come. "If you be circumcised, Christ shall profit you nothing." (Gal. 5:2).
- The Jews are indeed, faithless, and have merited the title "Deicide race" for calling down upon themselves the Blood of the Savior.
- May that same Blood now descend upon them as a laver of Redemption and love, bringing them into the One True Church of Christ.
- Do not advocate hatred of any kind towards the Jews. Rather, seek to "love thy enemy" by actively converting them and praying for them in the way the True Church always has done.
- The real antisemitism is from the Vatican II sect which confirms them in their errors.
I like your article but this is where I disagree with the average Roman Catholic nowadays.ReplyDelete
When I was growing up the common theory was,"JP2 is a solid catholic pope,it's those evil men in the Vatican that are destroying the Church."
Everytime Pius XII' heretical changes post 1951 are mentioned,it's always followed by "Pius XII was surrounded by evil men in the vatican,oh that poor man." (I'm paraphrasing and not being sarcastic I promise)
The first false theory about JP2 is lampooned by Roman catholics,yet the 2nd theory about Pius XII mentioned is what we're expected & SUPPOSED to believe.
Pius XII was the Boss.He deserves to be remembered as the man who started the first wave of destruction to centuries old roman Catholic tradition.(If JP2 should be held responsible,so should Pius XII.Double standards are not consistent.I'm not saying you are using double standards exclusively, it's a general idea among Roman catholics nowadays)
Great article,have a blessed Holy Week.
Dear Anonymous, I am very much your average (sedevacantist) Roman Catholic and I do not have an intimate knowledge of the biography of Pope Pius XII. However, I have read that he was severely incapacitated during the last few years of his pontificate due to cancer. During this time he was virtually at the mercy of Montini and Bugnini who enjoyed practically sole access to him. It is said that although a very holy man, his temperament was not that of a fighter, as Pope St.Pius X was. I have also read that he sanctioned the changes as a temporary (?5 year) "experiment" and not as permanent changes. It may well be that the two judeo-masons saw to their permanency. On the other hand, JP II, the father of Asissi, was a judeo-masonic anti-pope who instigated modernistic changes; never being dependent on "bad advisors", but rather he who led them.Delete
Right on target, Dr. Lamb! Furthermore, the changes of Pope Pius XII were not evil or heretical, because the Church cannot give that which is evil. Anyone who thinks that the changes are evil, must also hold that Pope Pius XII was a heretic who lost the pontificate. There is no merit to that charge whatsoever.Delete
So the holy ghost experiments?Delete
If the council of Trent is the divine inspired word of God,Pius XII violated session 7 Canon 13 multiple times from 1951-1958.Delete
1. The Holy Ghost does not experiment, but the Holy Father may use different, non-heretical ceremonies and/or disciplines for pastoral reasons to see if the needs of True Catholics may be better met. Example: Shortening the Eucharistic Fast from Midnight to 3 hrs before so Catholics can receive Communion at evening Masses.Delete
2. The Council of Trent does come from God, however, your private interpretation of it does not. There is not one pre-Vatican II theologian who has taught that the pope cannot alter the liturgical rites.
3. If your interpretation was correct (it is not), then Pope Urban VIII and Pope Clement VIII both violated Trent. In 1604, Pope Clement VIII issued new regulations for the Blessing at Mass, and in 1634 Pope Urban VIII changed the wording of the Missal’s rubrics and hymn texts. You would have to hold these two pontiffs as Antipopes.
4. The Canon of Trent which you cite says: If any one saith, that the received and approved rites of the Catholic Church, wont to be used in the solemn administration of the sacraments, may be contemned (i.e. held in contempt), or without sin be omitted at pleasure by the ministers, or be changed, by every pastor of the churches, into other new ones; let him be anathema.
The "ministers" and "pastors" refer to the priests and bishops--not to the pope, as the two historical examples above both clearly show.
Dr. Lamb is indeed correct in his assessment.
St. Paul clearly states that the Jews have been "cut off." Romans 21-23. "For if God hath not spared the natural branches, fear lest perhaps he also spare not thee. See then the goodness and the severity of God: towards them indeed that are fallen, the severity; but towards thee, the goodness of God, if thou abide in goodness, otherwise thou also shalt be cut off. And they also, if they abide not still in unbelief, shall be grafted in: for God is able to graft them in again."ReplyDelete
So unbelieving Jews are cut-off from grace, salvation and the Church. Being cut-off they are children of the flesh and not children of God (see Rom. 9:7-8).
Exactly right, Frank!Delete
For information only-ReplyDelete
I have a Saint Joseph Daily Missal published "in accord with the New Code of Rubics", effective January 1, 1961 with the Imprimatur Francis Cardinal Spellman Archbishop of New York with this prayer for the Jews on Good Friday:
"Let us pray also for the Jews, that our God and Lord may remove the veil from their hearts; that they also may acknowledge our Lord Jesus Christ." (Let us pray. Let us kneel. Arise.)"Almighty and everlasting God, You drive not even the Jews away from Your mercy; hear our prayers, which we offer for the blindness of that people, that, acknowledging the light of Your truth, which is Christ, they may be rescued from their darkness. Through the same, etc. (All respond: Amen.)
I also have a New Marian Missal, with the Imprimatur: L. Suenens, vic. gen. Mechliniae, die 6 Januarii 1960.
The prayer for the Jews on Good Friday reads: "Let us pray also for the perfidious Jews: that our God and Lord would remove the veil from their hearts: that they also may acknowledge our Lord Jesus Christ. (Let us pray. Let us kneel down. Arise.)
Do pius xii is human wrecking ball from 1951-1958 and he is a holy pontiff.ReplyDelete
John xxiii removes one word in one prayer on Good Friday (along with the changes in the 1962 missal) and he is an anti-pope? Tell me,why is Pius XII held to such a different standard?
He's not. I do not reject Roncalli (John 23) based on a word in the Good Friday Prayer for the Jews.Delete
1.Roncalli was held "suspect of Modernism" by the Holy Office under Cardinal Ottavianni during the 1950s.
2. The list of the most important exponents of " Nouvelle Théologie" that became prominent under John 23, includes Karl Rahner, Yves Congar, Henri de Lubac, Marie-Dominique Chenu, Edward Schillebeeckx, Hans Küng and Joseph Ratzinger. He rehabilitated all of these theologians held suspect of heresy and appointed them to important positions at V2.
3. He taught the heresy of "Freedom of Conscience" and the "right" to worship God anyway you choose in public in his encyclical "Pacem in Terris"
These are actions of a heretic. Can you show me how Pope Pius XII acted the same? If not, he's not being held to a different standard.
Hello. Speaking of John XXIII, do you put any stock in the Siri thesis, that Siri was the pope rightfully elected in 1958?ReplyDelete
I wrote two posts discussing the Siri Thesis at length. Please see my posts of 2/9/15 and 2/16/15.
A Blessed Easter to you and your family
Happy Easter. Christ is Risen!ReplyDelete
PS. in spite of the modernist Novus Ordo abomination and its VII satanic revelation.
The perfidious Jews could not deter redemption and neither will the perfidious heresiarchs, their perfidioud Novus Ordo and their perfidious R&R.
I'm new to the SV position and am becoming convinced. However, my Novus Ordo friends have pointed out to me that this was position by the Vatican as a "reflection" and not dogma and has no magisterial authority. How should I respond?ReplyDelete
I'm not sure exactly that to which you are referring. I would encourage you to stick to discussing ecclesiology--the nature of the Church. The new ecclesiology of the Vatican II sect claims that there is a "Church of Christ" distinct from the Catholic Church (See Lumen Gentium of Vatican 2). This Church of Christ "subsists" in the Catholic Church because it has all of the "elements." But it subsists in false religions too, according to how many "elements" they possess. To have all the elements is best, but to have just some is good too. Hence, the V2 document Nostra Aetate, sings the praises of Jews, Moslems and pagans. All of this is incompatible with pre-Vatican 2 teaching. There are some excellent articles at traditionalmass.orgDelete
Hey, thanks for this! For clarity, I was specifically referring to"Commission for Religious Relations with the Jews" release of the document entitled "The Gifts and the Calling of God are Irrevocable." It was, I believe, offered as a "theological reflection" and not dogma or otherwise binding. That said, Evangelii Gaudium no. 247 is an encyclical and binding, so I guess it doesn't matter.Delete
You're welcome, my friend. I love how the V2 heretics try to get out of their errors by claiming "it's not binding." When an officially sanctioned Modernist Vatican commission spouts such drivel, what are they "reflecting" if not heresy? What if such a commission declared "Christ is not God," would they shrug it off as another "theological reflection"?Delete
Hey @ all,Delete
Pius XII. was in knowledge since 1952, that Roncalli will be his sucessor after his dead. This fact makes the election of Roncalli uncononically. Roncalli was about this fact not a real Pope. Pius XII. called aout that after him the Anti-Christ will hurt the Church in her heart, this means the sacraments were invalid when Roncalli posseses the Throne.
The changes in the Mass of Pius XII. were made to show us, that Rome has been fallen from faith. It was the only way Pius XII. could tell us this fact by changing the intntion of the Mass into a satanic way. He realesed the Easter Vigil in which Lucifer will be called to come to the Church. We have to recognise that Pius XII. had the feld out of the Vatican in 1954 because they tried to kill him.
He gave us the hint, that all was plusihed in the AAS is infalabe in all or in some sentences. The heresies of Roncalli, Montini and the V-2 was published in AAS, so the follower of the false Popes have not to discuss anything about these documents, when they do this they were suspect of heresy. When we consequently apply what Pius XII. teaches, all the Tradis and V2-Followers are excommunicated by act, because they do discuss these texts if they are dogmatic or not. When they were published in AAS, they are automatically dogmatic.
This is the problem of Tradis not to recognise that these false doctrines of V-2 and the followers are plantly heresies.
It is very easy to recognise the Great Fall of Rome, Pius XII. give us hints and signs to identify the Whore of Babylon and the Faith of AC which was called out by Wojtyla the AC in Person.
There is no doubt, we are in the longest period of sedevacancy in the true Church. And in this period no Bishop can ordain validly according VAS of Pius XII.
Pius XII. was weak in one way but he was strong in his faith and clever in his ideas to give the faithful clues to identify the Whore to leave this false Church and religion according the command of Christos in Revelation, come out of her my people.
Come out of her, all they call himself as to be Catholics. They who came not out of her are all signed by the Mark of the Beast, false and invalid sacraments.
ABBA, in 8878.
1. Since no pope recognized the state of Israel, is a Catholic forbidden to recognize the state of Israel? Is it impossible for a true pope to recognize Israel like the way the papacy eventually recognized unified Italy?
2. If yes, can one visit, use the currency, even live in such states unrecognized by the Church?